Values and Service Orientation
Inspired by its Christian heritage and conviction, the university affirms a philosophy of life which supports the health of the planet and its inhabitants. Consequently, the university encourages students to become reflective about personal, professional, social, and ecological values. This reflection and emphasis on the search for truth aims at integrating faith with learning and at liberating the individual from constraints in order to fully share in the gifts of life and to serve the human and ecological communities, which are expressions of God's dynamic activity and objects of Divine love.The following statements reflect the specific values to which Haigazian University aspires:
- Promote learning through quality teaching.
- Create a student-centered environment accessible to individuals of diverse ages, cultures, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Focus on the development of ethics and values and encourage respect for diversity.
- Sustain a personalized approach to education through small classes and close relationships among faculty and students.
- Foster critical thinking and a lifelong desire to learn.
- Encourage creativity, individual enterprise, and a commitment to contribute actively to our communities and the world.
- Provide students with educational programs that combine theory, research, and application which will develop in them the necessary conceptual and analytical abilities to meet the needs of the current and future global, multicultural work environment.
- Offer a curriculum that promotes different perspectives among students and faculty and reflects the needs of students, schools, and society.
- Integrate technological knowledge and skills in the curriculum, thus providing the students with a head start in the marketplace and assuring their success in their professional and personal endeavors.
- Enhance and complement classroom learning and develop professional competence through internship programs, i.e., practical work experience in companies and organizations.
- Encourage faculty to keep apprised of the "state of the art" in their area of specialization through research, application, or publication.
- Develop a close relationship with the community and its institutions.
- Strengthen the communities served by supporting civic, cultural, corporate, and educational organizations.
- Develop among administrators, faculty, staff, and students a spirit of cooperation, a feeling of security, and a sense of pride in the institution.
- Achieve an excellent record of graduate research and employment.