Hatem F. Halaoui, Ph.D.
Dr. Hatem Halaoui
Associate Professor in Computer Science
Chairperson of the Division of Mathematical Sciences
Office: MEH 404
Tel. ext: 323Hatem.Halaoui@haigazian.edu.lb
Dr. Hatem Halaoui is an Assistant Professor in Computer Science at the Department of Mathematical Sciences. During his 13 years as a Researcher and University instructor, he has worked on projects, researched, taught in several universities in and outside Lebanon including City University of New York (USA), New Jersey City (USA), Lebanese American University (Lebanon), and presently Haigazian University (Lebanon). Dr. Halaoui has published one book and published many other papers in different specialized journals and conferences.
GIS design and applications
Data Structures and Algorithms(C#, Java, C++, C, Pascal)
Database Design and Management.
Theory of Computation
Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Indexing and Management.
Spatial, Temporal and Spatio-Temporal Database Modeling and Indexing.
Using Artificial Intelligence in GIS applications
- Hatem Halaoui. “Spatial and Spatio-Temporal Databases Modeling: Approaches for Modeling and Indexing Spatial and Spatio-Temporal Databases”. VDM Verlag, 2009.
- Hatem Halaoui. “Towards Google Earth: A History of Earth Geography". Book chapter (Chapter XVI), Information Systems Research Methods, Epistemology, and Applications, IGI Global, November 2008.
- Hatem Halaoui. “A Spatio -Temporal Indexing Structure for Efficient Retrieval and Manipulation of Discretely Changing Spatial Data”. Journal of Spatial Science Vol. 53, No. 2, December 2008.
- Hatem Halaoui. “Intelligent Traffic System: Road Networks with Time-Weighted Graphs”. International Journal for Digital Society (IJDS),
Volume 3, Issue 4, ISSN: 17424712, 2011.
- Hatem Halaoui. “Applying Traffic Time Delays on Smart Traffic Online Transportation System”. Journal for Information Security Research (IJISR), Volume 1, Issue 3, ISSN: 2042-4639 (Online), (http://www.infonomics-society.org/IJISR/
-“SMART NAVIGATION: Using Artificial Intelligent Heuristics in Navigating Multiple Destinations”, paper presented at SOTICS 2015 (The Fifth International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics). Barcelona, Spain
Ph.D., City University of New York
M.S., Lebanese American University
B.E., Lebanese American University