Samih Antoine Azar, Ph.D.
Dr. Samih Antoine Azar
Faculty of Business Administration & Economics
Office: AH 7
Tel. ext.: 375
Dr. Azar is a Professor in the Faculty of Business Administration & Economics. He has been associated with Haigazian University since 1997 as a full-timer, and from 1994 till 1997 as a part-timer. He has a multi-disciplinary background encompassing all fields of business administration and economics. In addition he has more than 10 years of experience in the private sector. Dr. Azar has taught more than 25 different courses in his academic career.
Domestic and international monetary and financial economics
- Mean aversion in and persistence of chocks to the US dollar: Evidence from nine foreign currencies, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Vol. 3. No. 3, 2013, 723-733.
- US stocks and the US dollar, International Journal of Financial Research, Vol. 4, No. 4, 91-106, October 2013.
- The Black-Scholes currency option pricing model: Evidence for unbiasedness from three currencies against the US dollar, International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 5, No. 8, August 2013, 54-64, co-authored with Dr. Annie Tortian.
- The spurious relation between inflation uncertainty and stock returns: Evidence from the US, Review of Economics and Finance, Vol. 3, No. 4, November 2013, 99-109.
- Inflation and stock returns II, International Journal of Economics and Finance, January 2014, Vol. 6, No. 1, 208-216.
- US stocks and the US dollar II, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, December 2013, Issue 117, 188-216.
- L'inégalité de la répartition de la richesse au Liban, la création de richesses, et leurs relations avec l'activité économique, Travaux et Jours, Université de Saint-Joseph, 2014.
- The US Dow and the US dollar, Applied Economics Letters, 2014, 21, 10, 683-686.
- A probabilistic internal rate of return: Theory and illustration, International Journal of Business and Management, 2014, 9, 3, 138-147, co-authored with Mr. Nazim Noueihed.
- Martingales in daily foreign exchange rates: Evidence from six currencies against the Lebanese pound, Applied Economics and Finance, May 2014, Vol. 1, No. 1, 55-64.
Ph.D., Claremont Graduate University, California, USA
M.A., Claremont Graduate University, California, USA
MBA, American University of Beirut
B.S. (with distinction), American University of Beirut