How to Apply?
The final dates for submitting applications for admission and readmission are:
March 30 for the Fall semester.
November 30 for the Spring semester.
It is advisable to apply before these dates. Applications received after these dates will be considered on availability of space.
All applicants must fill out a formal application form for admission, which is provided by the Admissions Office of the University or downloaded from the University Website. The application form, along with all required documents, must be submitted to the Admissions Office. Only candidates who have presented their complete records and have fulfilled the requirements set out below are considered by the Admissions Committee. When all necessary documents have been submitted and reviewed, applicants are informed of their admission status by a formal letter. A list of accepted students is posted on the Admissions page of the University Website.
Records:Applications for admission will be considered and answered only after all of the following items have been submitted by the student:
Accepted or rejected applicants may not reclaim any of the documents presented.
- A photocopy of identity card or passport;
- Two recent passport-size pictures;
- The grades of the last three years of secondary school on the recommendation form provided with the application. the recommendation form must be sent or presented with the application to the Admissions Office in a signed and sealed envelope;
- A certified copy of the certificate received upon completion of secondary education;
- A certified copy of the equivalence of the Lebanese Baccalaureate for Lebanese students holding foreign official certificates;
- An official transcript of all previous university work;
- A certified copy of University Degree;
- Permission to join the Freshman class from the Lebanese Ministry of Education for candidates who have followed a foreign program.
- An application fee (not refundable) or Renewal of application and re-admission fee (not refundable).
1. English Examinations: All candidates must demonstrate proficiency in English by obtaining a score of:
- Grade A, B or C in the English Language of G.C.E. examinations;
- 525 in the Institutional TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), valid for one year.
- 71 in the Internet-Based TOEFL (iBT, institutional code:4278), valid for two years;
- 500 in the critical reading part of SAT I (institutional code 0106), valid for two years.
- 22 in the writing & language part of re-designed SAT I (institution code 0106), valid for two years.
- 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), valid for two years.
Students in the following categories are exempt from this requirement:
- Special students who plan to take only courses which are not taught in English;
2. Re-examination: Candidates who wish to repeat the Institutional TOEFL exam may do so after an interval of 30 days from the previous exam date.
English Proficiency exam results presented after the enrollment of the student in the University are not taken into consideration.
3. English Placement Test: New students with the following scores are eligible to sit for the English Placement Test given by the English Department at Haigazian University:
- 550 and above in the Institutional TOEFL
- 79 and above in the Internet-Based TOEFL (iBT)
- 500 and above in the critical reading part of SAT I
- 23 and above in the writing & language part of re-designed SAT I
- Grade of A, B in the English Language of G.C.E. examination
- 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Depending on the student's performance on the English Placement Test, the English level of the student will be decided.
Students with scores less than mentioned above are required to take English 101 and 102.
The English Placement Test is valid for one year only.