Thank You Gathering of the Orientation Office
To conclude the academic year 2005-2006, the Orientation Office organized a thank you gathering on June the 8th, in recognition of OR assistants (students of different faculties), staff and faculty members, who worked hard during the year for the success of the Orientation Program, at Haigazian University.
The Orientation Office aims at achieving 3 programs:
1) The orientation days, during which, instructors, administrators, Student leaders acquaint new recruits to their university environment.
2) The Orientation course, which prepares new students to the academic, social and personal challenges.
3) Provides services to parents, students and faculty members, to get acquainted to the Haigazian culture.
In his speech, the Director of the Orientation Program, Dr. Berge Traboulsi announced some of the plans of next year:
1) Conduct a short Orientation Program for graduates.
2) Make use of the Intranet and technology for orientation purposes.
3) Conduct professional workshops which enrich students' professional capabilities and skills.
In his turn, the President of the University, Rev. Dr. Paul Haidostian thanked all the contributors of this program, especially the student leaders and the OR assistants who usually do the informal orientation, by helping and advising new comers.
A reception was served towards the end of the program where OR assistants received their surprise gifts.
Public Relations Director