Dear Haigazian University Community,
I greet you sincerely as we go through a long period of instability, deterioration and daily struggle to keep the basics of life even minimally normal. Having completed the past two academic years with relative success, we are hoping that AY2021-2022 will also be possible to face with further resilience, patience, imagination, and mutual support.
After weeks of deliberation and discussion of all the challenges we face, the Haigazian University Cabinet has reached its decision regarding the start of the Fall Semester of 2021-2022 in the following way:
– The Fall Semester will start as scheduled on Monday August 30, 2021.
– The semester will commence online (with recorded sessions for those who do not have regular access to the internet) for at least the initial two weeks while the University Cabinet will be meeting weekly to monitor and assess the situation and to decide to have in-person teaching as soon as conditions allow.
– Faculty, Staff and Students will be allowed on campus only if they present a proof of COVID-19 vaccination or the negative result of the PCR test. As the University has secured the Pfizer vaccine to all of its students, faculty and staff, and this campaign has been moving forward with success, those who do not wish to be vaccinated will need to present a negative PCR result on a weekly basis at their own expense, as we have a serious responsibility for the health of our academic community.
– As the semester starts with the above stated protocols, the University will monitor the implication of the current decisions on its facilities, security and staff and update them accordingly and changes to this plan may be introduced at any given time when conditions change.
– During weekday work hours the University will be open to those students and faculty who need to use the internet, on condition that they follow the COVID-19 related restrictions (masks, Vaccination proof, negative PCR test result, distancing, etc.).
Further details will be communicated to various departments in the coming days.
It is important to note that with any unexpected change in the overall and campus situation we will be vigilant and inform you of any further development. We assure you that, remaining true to the character and ethos of Haigazian University, we will do our best to support each other as needed and look forward to playing a constructive role in our country, and re-organizing our sense of community again, with the help of God Almighty.
Rev. Paul Haidostian, Ph.D.