Reserve items are recommended by the faculty as supplementary material to textbooks. Reserve material are of two types:
- Open Reserve: Can be checked out of the library from 4:00 pm till 8:30 am of the next working day. Not more than two items may be borrowed overnight or weekend by the same student.
- Closed Reserve: Can be used only within the library for one hour, renewable as long as no one else has reserved them.
- Any item (book, periodical, homework solution…) may be placed on reserve.
- Faculty members must fill out a Reserve Item Request Form either through e- mail or manually and send/hand it to the assistant librarians.
- The requests need 5 days to be processed.
- The libraries will provide access to reserve materials for the duration of one semester.
- Students may borrow any reserve item for a period of one hour.
- An item can be renewed for consecutive periods as long as no one else has reserved it.
- Students must pay 2,000LL per hour for overdue material.
- Charging a reserve lost item falls under the general circulation lost items procedures.
- No student may reserve an item for two consecutive days as long as no one else has reserved it.