Participants receive certificates of attendance.
All workshops start at 9:00 a.m. and finish at 1:30 p.m.
Fee for each workshop: 90,000 LBP
SATURDAY, MARCH 2
1) القصّة والتّحفيز: إلى مَنْ يدرّس اللّغة العربيّة في الحلقتين الأولى والثّانية (1-6) د. سلطان ناصرالدّين
التّحفيز هو مولّد النّشاط والفاعليّة. وهو ما يدفع الإنسان نحو الأفضل في فكره وعمله. والقصّة نوع من أنواع الكتابة لها بنيتها المشوّقة؛ فكيف يمكننا اعتماد القصّة لتـنشيط التّحفيز؟ هذا ما تجيب عنه الورشة.
(2) Differentiated Instruction – One Size Doesn’t Fit All! (For Teachers and Coordinators of All Levels) – Mr. Mohammed El Amine
We have students in our classrooms who struggle academically and others who learn at advanced level and accelerated pace. We can meet the needs of all learners by differentiated instruction. This workshop provides an understanding and application of the principles and strategies needed to set up a classroom that provides success and challenges for all students.
(3) Brain Based Learning (For Teachers of All Levels) – Dr. Juhaina Musharrafieh
The brain is involved in everything students do at school. Understanding how the brain develops and basic principles related to the brain and learning is important for teachers. This workshop also covers how to create a rich, brain-compatible classroom environment, the use of brain-based learning strategies, and the role of emotions in teaching and learning.
SATURDAY, MARCH 16
ا4) طريقة المشهديّات: إلى مَنْ يدرّس اللّغة العربيّة في المرحلة المتوسّطة والمرحلة الثّانويّة د. سلطان
هل نريد من الطّلاّب تحمّل المسؤوليّة؟ هل نريد منهم أن يعبّروا بطلاقة؟ هل نريد منهم أن يزيدوا
المعارف بإرادتهم؟ هل نريد منهم أن يكونوا ماهرين في التّعبير عن انطباعاتهم؟ هل نريد منهم أن
يكونوا ماهرين في التّفكير التّأمّليّ؟ هل نريد منهم أن يكونوا ماهرين في التّفكير النّاقد؟ هل نريد
منهم أن يكونوا ماهرين في التّفكير الإبداعيّ؟
طريقة المشهديّات تحقّق كلّ ما ذكرنا- هي طريقة مبتكرة نتائجها جليلة على فكر الطّالب وزيادة
الإنتاج كمًّّا ونوعًّا.
(5) Raising Successful Children / Learner through Social Emotional Learning (For Teachers and Coordinators of All Levels) – Ms. Mary Ghazarian
The skills to succeed in the 21st Century are not only academic. As teachers and parents, one cannot teach the basics of math and literacy and expect children to grow and mature into successful citizens. Thus this workshop will offer activities and hands on examples of what parents and teachers can do to raise learners who know themselves, regulate and motivate themselves and work towards becoming leaders in their school and community.
(6) Assessment with the brain in mind (For Teachers of All Levels, Coordinators and Department Heads) – Dr. Juhaina Musharrafieh
This workshop is designed to explore more authentic ways to assess learners, keeping in mind that testing is still a reality in our school systems and will likely be for a long time. However, we need to prepare our learners through giving
SATURDAY, MARCH 23
(7) Learning in the 21st Century (For Teachers and Coordinators of All Levels) – Ms. Mary Ghazarian
The learners of today, whether visual, audio or tactile, need new methods of learning and unique strategies that prepare them for tomorrow and life. This workshop will offer a short description of the 21st Century learner and focus more on tools and methods teachers can use in daily classrooms to yield better learning and understanding. “We can’t teach tomorrow’s learners with yesterday’s tools.”
(8) Introducing Techniques for Educational Skills (For Teachers of All Levels) – Ms. Faten Ramadan
In the field of Education, we cannot let the learners attain skills without the “How” which mean without techniques. In fact, in the absence of techniques there is an escape and a fear from reality. This workshop will introduce a range of techniques through different activities and show their importance.
(9) Autism Spectrum Disorder: Characteristics, Causes, and Practical Issues (For Special Educators) – Ms. Sarah Khaled
Autism is a complex disorder that interferes with the normal development of the brain in the areas of social interaction and communication skills. This disorder makes it hard for children and adults to communicate with others and relate to the outside world. A wide variety of characteristics and factors are associated with autism. How can we explain behavioral patterns of people with autism? What are the most effective strategies for intervention, education and care for people with autism?