Who can attend?
The 21st Century Teacher program: People with experience teaching in a classroom setting. The program is designed for teachers of all levels.
Diploma for Coordinators and Division Heads program: Coordinators, division heads, other administrators, or teachers with at least three years’ experience teaching in a school
Diploma of Special Education Fundamentals program: People with classroom experience as regular teachers, special education teachers, or assistant teachers and people with experience working in a center for special needs children. (In special cases we will accept people who have worked on an individual basis with special needs children.)
Workshops: People with experience teaching in a classroom setting and university students currently studying for a degree in education
Do I need a university degree to join the In-service Teacher Training Program?
No. We do not require any educational diploma or degree.
What language is used in the courses and workshops?
English, except in courses or workshops for teachers of Arabic
Are there any entrance exams?
No. However, participants must have good English for courses and modules.
When do new classes begin?
‘The 21st Century Teacher’ and the Diploma Programs follow a semester system.
- Fall Semester courses: late October
- Spring Semester courses: mid-February
- Summer Session courses: early July
Most workshops are 4 hours.
- Fall Semester workshops: Three Saturdays in November/December
- Spring Semester workshops: Three Saturdays in March
- Summer Session workshops: Tuesdays and Thursdays between early July and early August
What time are courses given and how long do they take?
The 21st Century Teacher: Courses vary from 12 to 20 hours
Diploma for Coordinators and Division Heads: Each course is 30 hours.
Diploma of Special Education Fundamentals: Each module is 26 hours.
- Fall and Spring Semesters: Each course or module is offered two days a week, usually from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. or 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.
- Summer Session: Each course or module is usually offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday either from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. or from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
What certificates are available?
The 21st Century Teacher
- The participant receives a ‘Certificate of Performance’ at the end of each course successfully completed.
- A teacher who successfully completes 6 courses receives a ‘Certificate of Achievement’. The maximum time for finishing these 6 courses is two years.
The Diploma for Coordinators and Division Heads Program:
- A Certificate of Performance is granted at the end of each course successfully completed.
- The ‘Diploma for Coordinators and Division Heads’ is granted to those who successfully complete five courses. There is a graduation ceremony.
The Diploma of Special Education Fundamentals Program:
- A Certificate of Performance is granted at the end of each module completed.
- The ‘Diploma of Special Education Fundamentals’ is granted to those who complete two modules.
- A Certificate of Attendance is granted at the end of each workshop.
Where and when can I register?
Where – In the Center for Continuing Education (College Building, Room 204) at Haigazian University, Mexique Street, Kantari, Beirut
When – Monday to Friday, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3:00- 6:30 p.m.
Tel.: 01-353010/1/2 or 01-349230/1 Ext. 354
Facebook: CCE Haigazian
LinkedIn: Haigazian University – Center for Continuing Education